I’m going to start a project where I record myself for 5 seconds each day and compile it into a continuous video. I’ve seen a couple folks do this, and I was inspired. I’m going to set a couple ground rules for my recordings here:
1. The recording must take place in the particular day, any time in the 24 hour period.
2. The recording does not need to include myself, but I do need to make the recording, or be somehow directly involved in the recording.
3. I must appear on the recording at least twice a week.
4. I must record at least 5 seconds. Recording more is not an issue, however I am going to expect to edit each clip to 5 seconds.
5. I may change my edits to less than 5 seconds.
6. I will make all raw video available publicly.
7. As a side project I will work to automate the automatic compilation of the video.
8. I can change any rule, except I need to record every day.
I will consider 1/21/2013 my start day as I have video of myself for that day, plus it aligns nicely with the beginning of Obama’s second term. Raw video will be saved here: http://vday.ximz.com I’ll start combining the video in the coming days when I’m ready to get fancy with my scripting fu.
I’m really looking forward to working on this project.